St Michael and St Bishoy Coptic Orthodox Church, Northdown Road
St Michael and St Bishoy Coptic Orthodox Church, Northdown Road, Cliftonville, Margate, Kent CT9 2RD View on map
A landmark church built as St Stephen's Methodist church in 1878 in early French Gothic style. Now used by the Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Church and modified to suite the Coptic Church traditions with a side chapel and a large hall in the basement. The building is in the form of a Greek cross and is considered to be the finest 19th century example in Margate.
Every Sunday 12pm to 3pm. 9 April 12pm to 7pm. 10 to 13 April 9am to 11:00am and 6pm to 9pm. 14 April 10am to 7pm. 15 April 8pm to 12:00pm.
At the junction of Northdown Road and Dalby Road, half a mile from Margate town centre. Rail: Margate (approximately ½ mile). Bus: local buses stop on Northdown Road.
On street parking.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No