St Michael, Lowther
St Michael, Lowther, Penrith, Cumbria CA10 2HG View on map
Grade II* listed parish church on an early Christian site within Lowther Park and in the shadow of the ruined Lowther Castle. Today’s building dates from 1686 when 13th century walls were pulled down and rebuilt and later additions during 18th and 19th century
Open 24 hours every day
M6 junction 40, travel 6 miles south on A6, turn right at sign for Askham village, church is 1 mile on right. Rail: Penrith (7 miles). Bus: Nos 106/107 (Penrith to Shap).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes