St Michael, Market Place
St Michael, Market Place, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 7LP View on map
Prominent in the market place this church is a Victorian rebuild of a much older church with the south side rebuilt in 1966. The interior has a 17th century circular font with panels of intertwined foliage and a fine Doric screen closes off the Lady chapel from the chancel. Choir stalls made in 1950's by Robert 'Mouseman' Thompson of Kilburn. Two examples of his mouse mark are easily found in the church but the third is more difficult to spot.
Open every day from 8.30 - 4.30 (winter) or 6pm (summer).
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Market place is off Yorkersgate (B1248) .Rail: Malton (¼ mile). Bus: Yorkshire Coastliner Service and Stephensons No 194 to Hovingham.
Public parking adjacent.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes