St Michael & St Bishoy Coptic Orthodox Church, Northdown Road
St Michael & St Bishoy Coptic Orthodox Church, Northdown Road, Cliftonville, Margate, Kent CT9 2RD View on map
A landmark church built as St Stephen's Methodist church in 1878 in early French Gothic style. Now used by the Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Church and modified to suite the Coptic Church traditions with a side chapel and a large hall in the basement. The building is in the form of a Greek cross and is considered to be the finest 19th century example in Margate.
Every Sunday 12noon - 3pm Holy Week 2016 24th April - 12 noon - 8pm 25th - 27th April 8am - 10am & 6pm - 8.30pm 28th April - 10am - 8.30 pm 29th April 10 am - 5.30 pm 30th April 8 pm - midnight
At the junction of Northdown Road and Dalby Road, half a mile from Margate town centre. Rail: Margate (approximately ½ mile). Bus: local buses stop on Northdown Road.
On Street Parking
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes