St Nicholas, Bringhurst
St Nicholas, Bringhurst, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 8RT View on map
Grade II listed church, the core of which is Norman with 12th century tower and 14th century side aisles. Restored in 1862. The mother church of the parish set in the hamlet of Bringhurst on an ancient site where Roman and Celtic pottery shards were found. Interior has 14th century font and two George III Royal arms, one dated 1814. Two recently discovered grave covers dating from 9th or 10th century are now in the church.
All year: daily during daylight hours.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Mid way between Great Easton and Cottingham in the Welland Valley. Rail: Corby (approximately 4 miles). Bus: Rutland Flyer, no. RF1 (Corby to Oakham).
Private car park open by arrangement.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes