St Nicholas, Church Lane
St Nicholas, Church Lane, Austrey, Warwickshire CV9 3EB View on map
Grade II* listed church dating from early 14th century with late 13th century tower. Restored and porch rebuilt in 1844 -5 by Ewan Christian. Interior has stained glass in one window dating from 14th century, 13th century stone coffin and wall monument to John, Thomas and Herbert Monck, erected 1706,
26th-31st March, 12pm-6pm; 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th April; 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th May; 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th June; 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th July; 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th August; 7th September. Opening depends on getting volunteers to man the church so dates may change accordingly.
Junction 11 M42-A42, take A444 to Nuneaton and first right to Austrey. Turn right at pub into Church Lane. Rail: Polesworth (approximately 4 miles). Bus: Nos 785 and 786 from Tamworth.
One or two cars can park in Church Lane.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes