St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Princess Road
St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Princess Road, Toxteth, Liverpool L8 1XB View on map
Dedicated to St Nicholas the patron saint of seafarers. Built between 1865 and 1870, it was the second purpose built Greek Orthodox Church in England. The architecture of the building is a typical example of the Byzantine style as used in many Eastern Greek Churches. A typical feature is the four domes of the building. Henry Summers, master builder who built many fine examples of architecture in Liverpool, was commissioned to build the church.
All year: Mondays 10am-4pm. At other times by arrangement
On the corner of Princes Avenue and Berkley Street opposite the old Rialto, ½ mile from the Anglican Cathedral. Rail: Lime Street (1½ miles). Bus: well served by city buses.
No parking available.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes