St Nicholas, Norton Canon
St Nicholas, Norton Canon, Hereford, Herefordshire HR4 7BQ View on map
13th century parish church set in the Manor of Norton Canon granted by Wulviva and Godiva to the canons of Hereford in 1086. An incised Roman stone found in the foundations may indicate an earlier religious site. Very little remains of the old church, except the 13th century tower with remainder of the church rebuilt in 1706.
At all times.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Off A480 Hereford to Kington Road. Church is signposted in village. Rail: Hereford (10 miles) Leominster (12 miles). Bus: Sargeants No's 461 and 462 (Hereford to Kington) via Weobley (¼ mile walk).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes