St Nicholas, Shangton
St Nicholas, Shangton, Harborough, Leicestershire LE8 0PP View on map
Small 13th - 15th century church with 19th century alterations and additions. Chancel has stained glass windows by Heaton and Butler and a late 14th century octagonal font. Marble wall monument erected by Matthew Saunders 1612 to his wife Margaret d.1605, their tomb slabs are near the altar.
Sundays: during daylight hours.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
From A6 take B6047 to Shangton. Church is on the south approach road to the village. Rail: Market Harborough (7 miles). Bus: Not on a bus route.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes