St Nicolas, Church Lane
St Nicolas, Church Lane, Pevensey, East Sussex BN24 5LE View on map
Parish church built in 1216 of flint with stone dressings and a tiled roof. Restored in 1879 by George Gilbert Scott junior. A fine example of Early English style with a characteristic long and offset chancel. Many fine interior features including a memorial to local benefactor John Wheatley of 1616.
8.30am to dusk everyday. Occasional changes if events are taking place in the church
- Is part of Ride and Stride
A27 then A259 and B2191 to Pevensey Castle. Church lane is 150 metres east of the castle. Rail: Pevensey Bay Halt ( 700 metres). Bus: Cavendish No 10 (Eastbourne to Pevensey), Stagecoach No 99 (Eastbourne - Hastings).
Parking within 100 metres
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes