St Peter and St James, Halwill
St Peter and St James, Halwill, Beaworthy, Devon EX21 5UH View on map
Grade II* listed church of 14th century origin, entirely re-built 1870 - 79 with the exception of the two staged un-buttressed tower with embattled parapets and the north wall of the nave. Notable Jacobean style drum pulpit, timber crested reredos and granite font.
Daily: during daylight hours.
Approximately 12 miles NW of Okehampton, 1¼ miles west of Halwill junction on the A3079, in the centre of the village. OS map ref 427994 - OS Explorer no 112. Rail: Exeter, Plymouth and Barnstaple (all approximately 35 miles). Bus: No X9 Bude to Exeter stops on the A3079 (every 2 hours, both directions).
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes