St Peter and St Paul, Burgh Castle
St Peter and St Paul, Burgh Castle, Norfolk NR31 9QE View on map
Parish church possibly dating to Saxon period. The lower stage (approx one third of the total height) of the round west tower has distinct and regular courses in the flintwork and may be pre-Conquest. Brick-dressed louvred belfry lancets at cardinal points. Red brick top stage with embattled parapet, the copings set on a brick dog-tooth course. The south porch was rebuilt c1857 as a memorial. South nave has two 2-light wndows with a 13th century lancet between. The north side vestry was added in 1854 (architects Cory and Ferguson). The north aisle was built c1847
- Grant Recipient: Burgh Castle PCC
- Contact for access: Ms Maureen Grey
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.