St Peter and St Paul, Church Road
St Peter and St Paul, Church Road, Mitcham, Surrey CR4 3AG View on map
The church was rebuilt in 1819-21 by George Smith, incorporating the original Saxon tower base, the stonework of which can still be seen with its narrow door and adjacent piscina. Internally its basilica form is emphasised by a soaring elegant nave and tall aisles, all with vaulted ceilings as has the chancel and high altar. The tower is terminated in four rendered pinnacles with lead covered caps and granite parapet copings.
Saturdays 8.30am - 11.00am, Sundays 8.30am – 10.00am (prior to morning service); Patronal Festival Saturday 1st July 10.00am - 5.00pm; Advent Fair Saturday 25 November 11.00am - 2.00pm; Mitcham Heritage Day Saturday 9th September 10.00am - 4.00pm. Access at other times by prior appointment with key holder, details displayed on church notice board.
Off A217 London Road Mitcham. Underground: Morden (1 mile), Rail: Mitcham Junction (1 mile), Underground: Colliers Wood (10 minute walk) Bus: Route 200 from Wimbledon.
Available at the Parish Centre in Church Path (10 spaces), and in Hallowfield Way (approximately 50 spaces).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes