St Peter, Chorley Road
St Peter, Chorley Road, Swinton, Salford M27 0WA View on map
Consecrated 1869, architect G.E. Sweet. Large church in his 'urban style', nave, north and south aisles, chancel and north and south chapels, with substantial tower in fine setting. Much Victorian stained glass described by Pevsner as 'one of the best assemblages in the region'.
Saturday 9am to 11 am, 5pm to 6pm (half hour service in side chapel at 10am). Thursdays 9am to 11 am (with half hour service in chancel at 10 am). Fridays: 11.30am to 1pm (half hour service in side chapel at 12.30pm), The church is open every day before and after services and visits can be made during services in the side chapels.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
On A6 at Centre of Swinton, opposite Town Hall. At junction of A6 (Chorley Road) and B5231 (Partington Lane), close to junctions 13 to 16 of M60. Rail: Swinton 400 yards. Bus stop known as Swinton Church, Bus numbers 12, 22, 27, 36,37,38,66,73,79, 484, and 29.
No reserved parking, there is a pay and display car park immediately outside the chuch, free for the first half hour and on Sunday and in evening.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes