St Peter, Church End
St Peter, Church End, Paglesham, Rochford, Essex SS4 2DN View on map
Parish church. Mainly 15th century with some 12th century work in chancel and nave. Restored in 1883 by local man Zachary Pettitt who became a great benefactor to the village and local area. The stained glass west window is a memorial to his four young children. Memorial in chancel to John Owen, Rector and Secretary to the British and Foreign Bible Society. William Blyth, a well known 18th century smuggler and former churchwarden buried in the churchyard.
All year: daily 8.30am - 6pm or dusk if earlier.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Paglesham village is situated in the Essex Marshes approached by A127 and north east of Rochford. The church is located at the end of Church End. Rail: Rochford (6 miles).
Roadside parking for 3 cars. Farmyard can be used with prior permission
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes