St Peter, Church Road
St Peter, Church Road, Walpole St Peter, Norfolk PE14 7NS View on map
Very large church known as 'the Cathedral of the Fens'. West tower, nave, north and south aisles, porches and chancel. Walpole is a former polyfocal coastal settlement on a gravel eminence surrounded by highly fertile and productive fenland, the wealth from which endowed the reconstruction of the mediaeval church. Oldest fabric is the early 14th century (base of west tower), the remainder of the building being washed away by a sea flood of 1337.
Daily: 9am - 5pm.
11 miles west of King's Lynn on A47. Rail: King's Lynn. Bus: Norfolk Green No. 55 and No. 63.
Large car park available during flower festival in June.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes