St Peter, East Drayton
St Peter, East Drayton, Nottinghamshire DN22 0LF View on map
Late 12th Century village church with 13th & 15th century additions. Features: Fine 15th century wooden screen, 14th century floor slab with stylised cross, 'Cake Rings' celebrating weddings on Bell chamber walls dating from 1777. N Arcade is 14th century early decorated south 15th century perpendicular. Two grotesque carvings in nave roof depicting 'Green Man'
Every day 9am - 4pm. Access to the bell tower is locked as circular stairway is steep and uneven.
Centre of village on the crossroads. Rail: Retford Station (8 miles). Bus: Irregular service and has to be booked.
On-street parking in crossroads area.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes