St Peter, Easthope
St Peter, Easthope, Shropshire TF13 6DN View on map
Medieval church of 12th century origin and noted in the Book of Lees. Rebuilt by Nicholson & Clarke after a fire in 1928 in an Arts and Crafts style. Notable interior features are a chancel window by Kempe, encaustic tiles, wooden chancel screen and a rare 17th century hour glass holder. Ancient yew trees in churchyard. The church has a rare carillon bell-ringing mechanism more in common with European tradition than that of English churches.
Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-5pm (March - October)
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Off B4204 Worcester to Tenbury Wells road. Rail: Worcester Shrub Hill (12 miles). Bus: Nos 309 and 310 from Worcester.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes