St Peter, Firs Lane
St Peter, Firs Lane, Leigh, Wigan, Greater Manchester WN7 4SD View on map
Built 1880-1, by Paley and Austin. Brick construction with vaulted ceiling under tower. Described by Pevsner as "one of the most thrilling churches in Lancashire". Tower rises behind a shallow glassed churchyard the height emphasised by the adjoining nave and chancel, which are aisle-less on the south side.
- Grant Recipient: St Peter's PCC
- Contact for access: Mrs Valerie Molyneux
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.