St Peter, North Hill
St Peter, North Hill, Colchester, Essex CO1 1PG View on map
A multi-period church with surviving medieval work and a fine 18th century tower. Earthquake of 1692 did considerable damage and the windows of the aisles are subsequent to this date. 13th century ironwork to south door and an unusual vaulted bone hole. Massive font of 1859 by C F Haywards and a number of 16th and 17th century monuments.
All year: Saturdays 10am - 1pm. Precise details of opening for other events throughout the year are advertised locally and on website. Key holder details displayed on church noticeboard.
In the town centre at the west end of the High Street. Rail: Colchester North (1 mile), Colchester Town (½ mile). Bus: 10 minutes walk from the bus station for all local services.
Limited on-street parking.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes