St Peter & St James, Halwill
St Peter & St James, Halwill, Beaworthy, Devon EX21 5UH View on map
Grade II listed church of 14th century origin, entirely re-built 1870 - 79 with the exception of the two staged un-buttressed tower with embattled parapets and the north wall of the nave. Notable Jacobean style drum pulpit, timber crested reredos and granite font.
The church is always open to the public during daylight hours. The vestry is not open to the public. The tower is locked and can be visited by arrangement.
Approximately 12 miles NW of Okehampton, 1¼ miles west of Halwill junction on the A3079, in the centre of the village. OS map ref 427994 - OS Explorer no 112. Rail: Exeter, Plymouth and Barnstaple (all approximately 35 miles). Bus: No X9 Bude to Exeter stops on the A3079 (every 2 hours, both directions).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes