St Peter, Top Road
St Peter, Top Road, Calow, Derbyshire S44 5AF View on map
Grade II church built 1869 by S. Rollinson. Square south-west tower with octagonal spire added in 1887. 4 bay nave without aisles; chancel with 3 light window incorporating plate tracery; polygonal apse with 5 lancet windows. Stained glass in most windows, some by T F Curtis, Ward and Hughes. Sanctuary ceiling by Alfred O. Hemmings - possibly his only remaining work of this kind.
All year: Mondays and Wednesdays 9.30am - 3.30pm and Sundays 9am - 12 noon.
On A632 approximately 2 miles east of Chesterfield at the junction with Church Lane in Calow. Rail: Chesterfield (2 miles) Bus: Stagecoach routes 3, 82, 83, 84 and 85 from Stephenson Place in Chesterfield.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes