St Peter's Church, remains of
St Peter's Church, remains of, Off Eriswell Road, Lakenheath, Forest Heath, Eriswell, Suffolk IP24 3TQ View on map
The remains of mediaeval former parish church, on site of deserted mediaeval settlement, surviving as Eriswell Hall Barns, now within grounds of Eriswell Park (Elvedon Farms). The church was replaced pre-1750 by St Laurence, formerly chapel of ease in the hamlet of Coclesworth which was later incorporated into Eriswell. Ruins were converted into a dovecote in 1754. The ruin is both a Scheduled Monument and a Listed Building.
Access is through contact with the estate office, advertised at St Peter during working hours.
Situated on B1112 halfway between the villages of Eriswell and Lakenheath. Adjacent to Eriswell auction barn on the south side of the road.
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No