St Philip with St Stephen, Wilton Place
St Philip with St Stephen, Wilton Place, Salford, Greater Manchester M3 6FJ View on map
Grade II church built in 1852 by architect Sir Robert Smirke. Sandstone with an ashlar face in neo-classical style. Undivided plan with Ionic portico advanced to south with round bell tower over. Interior has had some late 19th century alterations to create a raised chancel platform and mosaic flooring. Original organ from 1829.
Wednesdays: 10am - 4pm.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Rail: Salford Crescent and Salford Central. Bus: 36, 37, 38, 50, 67, 100.
On street parking, 2 hour limit. Private car park £2 all day.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes