St Stephen & All Martyrs, St Stephen's Street
St Stephen & All Martyrs, St Stephen's Street, Oldham, Lancashire OL1 3QT View on map
Funded by local mill workers and built by Mitchell of Oldham in 1873, this church was carefully designed to take advantage of the sloping site with tower and transept placed to the south. The long nave and chancel in one produces an impressive interior. South aisle window by Capronnier is a memorial to Sarah Ann Orton, wife of the first vicar of the parish.
All year: Fridays 2 - 4pm. Key holder details displayed on church noticeboard.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Off Higginshaw Lane Oldham close to Beener School. Rail: (awaiting metro link). Bus: Route 59.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes