St Stephen, Church Lane
St Stephen, Church Lane, Great Wigbrough, Essex CO5 7RL View on map
Parish church dating from 14th century but extensively restored after earthquake damage in 1884; the chancel and its south vestry, the nave roof structure above wall plate level, and many or most of the windows being of that date. The west tower was also rebuilt at that time, but re-using C15 materials.
Daily: April 2 to October 30th, 9am - 5pm.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
9 miles south of Colchester on the B1026. Rail: Colchester North (10 miles).
Field adjacent to church.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes