St Swithun Church, Hither Green Lane
St Swithun Church, Hither Green Lane, Lewisham, Greater London SE13 6QE
Grade II listed late Victorian town church and is the only surviving church by architect Ernest Newton. Built in 1884 in Red Wrotham brick with Bath stone windows and door dressings. The nave and aisles date from 1892-3 and the transepts, chancel and south chapel with vestries from 1904-5. Contains rich ornamental woodwork carved in Bruges by H and A De Wispelaere.
Please look at the place of worship’s website for opening times or contact them directly.