St Thomas of Canterbury, Sourton
St Thomas of Canterbury, Sourton, Devon EX20 4HN View on map
Grade II* listed parish church mainly 15th century built of granite ashlar and local stone and set in a tranquil churchyard full of seasonal wild flowers. The chancel originates from 14th century but was substantially re built in 1848. The church was restored in 1881.
All year: daily, during daylight hours.
Approximately 5 miles south of Okehampton, 10 miles north east of Tavistock, just off A386 opposite the Highwayman Inn in Sourton village. Rail: Exeter St Davids (30 miles). Bus: No 118 (Tavistock to Okehampton) approximately every hour (less on Sundays).
Small public car park (free)
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No