St Wendreda, Church Street
St Wendreda, Church Street, March, Cambridgeshire PE15 9PY View on map
Parish church dating between mid 14th - 16th century, restored in 1874. The only church in England dedicated to little known Saint Wendreda. Interior has impressive hammerbeam roof built in late 15th century and finely ornamented with one hundred and twenty carved figures.
All year: Saturdays and daily from 6 July - 3 September 8am - dusk. At other times by prior arrangement (including tours for groups) or by a key held at The Star Public House (weekdays noon - dusk).
Turn of A141 at Mill Hill roundabout, church is set back off B1101 opposite Neale-Wade Community College. Rail: March (2 miles). Bus routes 380 and 56 stop on B1101.
Lay-by just off B1101.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes