St Wilfrid, Ford Lane
St Wilfrid, Ford Lane, Northenden, Manchester, Greater Manchester M22 4WE View on map
Victorian Gothic reworking in 1873-76 of the medieval church to designs by J. S. Crowther, with 13th century tower, on a Saxon site. Contains a 16th century oak screen and Harrison organ. Various wall monuments to members of the Tatton and Egerton families. Links with the Peterloo campaigners; also the first digger of the Channel Tunnel (E. Watkin).
All year: Sundays 2.30pm - 5.30pm or dusk (if earlier). Saturday 12pm - 6pm. At other times by prior arrangement.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Ford Lane is off Church Road, off Palatine Road B5167, between junction 5 of M60 and junction 3 of M56. Rail: Gatley (2 miles), Manchester Airport (4 miles). Tram: West Didsbury, Northern Moor or Benchill stops 1.5 miles. Bus: routes 43, 105 from Manchester city centre and 370 from Stockport to Altrincham. Also ¼ mile from Pennine Trail. Sat Nav: M22 4WE.
On street parking. Additional parking in church alley.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes