The Granary, Dewars Lane
The Granary, Dewars Lane, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland TD15 1HJ View on map
Grade II listed six storey granary built in 1769, part of a densely-packed concentration of narrow streets and alleyways within Berwick’s Elizabethan Quay Walls. Originally known as John Dewar’s Granary, it was badly damaged by fire early in the 1815 (from when, in all probability, its lean dates). Now restored and a multi use facility incorporating the only MLA Grade 1 exhibition space between Edinburgh and Newcastle, heritage interpretation facilities, seminar/meeting rooms and a bistro and Youth Hostel.
- Grant Recipient: Berwick upon Tweed Preservation Trust
- Contact for access: Mrs Alison Douglas
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.