The Old Gaol, Market Hill
The Old Gaol, Market Hill, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire MK18 1JX View on map
Purpose built prison built in 1748 in the style of a castle, with later additions in 1839 by the famous local architect George Gilbert Scott. Now houses a museum, tourist information office, gift shop and book store and is a venue for special events.
Open Monday to Saturday 10 am to 4 pm all year. Last Admission 3.30 pm
- Open on Heritage Open Day
- Adult: £3.50 subject to review
- Child: £2.00 (under 5 free) Subject to review
- Other Charges: £9.00 (2 adults & up to 3 children) Subject to review
In the centre of historic Buckingham. Rail: Wolverton (9 miles), Milton Keynes (9½ miles), Bicester (10 miles). Bus: No X60 Milton Keynes or No 60 Aylesbury to Winslow and X5 Cambridge/Oxford express.
On site parking is limited to 20 - 30 mins. Additional parking in the supermarket car park off the High Street.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No