The Old Gaol, Market Hill
The Old Gaol, Market Hill, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire MK18 1JX View on map
Purpose-built prison built in 1748 in the style of a castle, with later additions in 1839 by the famous local architect George Gilbert Scott. Now houses a museum, tourist information office, gift shop and book store and is a venue for special events.
Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm all year. Last admission 3.30pm.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
- Adult: £3.50 subject to review.
- Child: £2.00 (under-5s free) subject to review.
- Other Charges: £9.00 (2 adults plus up to 3 children). Subject to review.
In the centre of historic Buckingham. Rail: Wolverton (9 miles), Milton Keynes (9½ miles), Bicester (10 miles). Bus: No X60 Milton Keynes or No 60 Aylesbury to Winslow and X5 Cambridge and Oxford Express.
On-site parking is limited to 20-30 mins. Additional parking in the supermarket car park off the High Street.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No