The Red House, St Anthony's Catholic Club
The Red House, St Anthony's Catholic Club, 13 Upton Avenue, Forest Gate, London E7 9PN View on map
Grade II listed house c1717. Bell of 1762 in upstairs front office has been re - sited from a demolished cupola on the roof. In 1760 a Dutch merchant, Isaac Blijdesteyn used the building for his London base in a booming Georgian London. Later it was the home of Mr Tuthi, the manufacturer of early trade union banners and in 1933 it was sold to St Anthony's Catholic Club.
By prior arrangement with Mr Martin Greenfield.
On the corner of A114 Upton Lane and Upton Avenue. Rail: Forest Gate (1 mile), Plaistow (1¼ miles). Bus: Several bus routes run within ½ mile.
Some restricted parking nearby.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes