Theobalds Palace, Cedars park
Theobalds Palace, Cedars park, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9RV
Cedars park contains the remains of the royal palace Theobalds, evolving from the house created by Sir William Cecil after he bought the manor in 1564. The palace was largely demolished in 1650, during the Commonwealth, and the money raised from the sale of materials was distributed amongst the army. After the Restoration, the site of the palace became a residence again. In 1765 the last remains were demolished and a new house build approximately 1 mile further west.
Grounds open all year dawn to dusk.