Theobalds Palace, Cedars park
Theobalds Palace, Cedars park, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9RV View on map
Cedars park contains the remains of the royal palace Theobalds, evolving from the house created by Sir William Cecil after he bought the manor in 1564. The palace was largely demolished in 1650, during the Commonwealth, and the money raised from the sale of materials was distributed amongst the army. After the Restoration, the site of the palace became a residence again. In 1765 the last remains were demolished and a new house build approximately 1 mile further west.
Daily: Please contact Broxbourne Borough Council (01992 785555) for opening times throughout the year.
M25, Junction 25 for A10. Access through Theobalds Lane from the southern carriageway of the A10. Rail Theobalds Park, 1 mile.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes