Whitbourne Hall and Palm House, Whitbourne
Whitbourne Hall and Palm House, Whitbourne, Worcester, Worcestershire WR6 5SE View on map
Victorian Greek Revival style country house with large palm house built later (circa 1865-77) in the space between main block and service wing. The south front has an imposing Ionic portico. The main hall, with Maw and Co. mosaic tiled floor, is lit entirely by glazed blue-glass ceiling and surrounded by a gallery accessed by a white marble staircase with limestone balustrade.
18th, 23rd, 24th & 25th April and 2nd May 2016; the house will be open 10am - 3pm each day. Visits can be booked by private arrangement.
- Adult: £5.00
- Child: £3.00
- Other Charges: £4.00 (Concession)
A44 from Worcester towards Bromyard. At 8 miles, turn right at Wheatsheaf Inn, then left towards Tedstone Delamere. Rail: Malvern Link (7.5 miles), Worcester Foregate Street (9 miles). Bus: No. 420 (Worcester-Bromyard-Hereford), 1 mile walk.
Parking around the house for 30 cars.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: No