Whitechapel Church, Whitechapel Road
Whitechapel Church, Whitechapel Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire BD19 6HR View on map
Gothic Revival Church 1821, restored 1877 -1888 by W H Howorth, on the site of chapels of c1130 and 1706. Contains a restored Norman font and a carillon of bells. Rev Patrick Bronte conducted services here when curate at Hartshead and the grave of his niece is in the churchyard.
December - February: first Saturday of the month 9.30am - 1.30pm. March - May: first and third Saturday of the month 9.30am - 1.30pm. June - August: first and third Saturday of the month 10am - 3pm. September - November: first and third Saturday of the month 9.30am - 1.30am. Key holder can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (01274 600628).
1 mile from junction 26, M62 along A638 Bradford road to its junction with Whitechapel Road, also 1mile from the centre of Cleckheaton. Rail: Dewsbury (6 miles), Bradford (5 miles). Bus: No 277 Halifax to Heckmondwike stops at Cleckheaton bus station.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes