King's Lynn Heritage Action Zone
Getting new development to work with historic Lynn and reinforce the economic, social and environmental vitality of this modern medieval town.
Historic King's Lynn is an attractive place to live, work and visit. Its strategic location on the road and rail network, and as the principal town in west Norfolk, means it's planning for significant housing and economic growth.
The Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) aims to turn what could be seen as a threat into an opportunity to show how well-designed new development which works with historic King's Lynn can reinforce the economic, social and environmental vitality of this modern medieval town.
- Researching the history of key sites in King's Lynn to inform future new development
- Review Kings Lynn's listed buildings to improve knowledge
- Design new developments to reinforce the importance of historic King's Lynn
- Find economic uses for underused historic town centre buildings
- Bringing historic buildings back into use
- Programme of community events exploring historic King's Lynn and its future
Led by the Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk, the other partners are:
- The Greater Cambridge and Greater Peterborough LEP
- West Norfolk Chamber of Commerce
- King's Lynn Town Centre Partnership & BID
- Norfolk County Council
- Historic England
Dr Natalie GatesPrincipal Adviser, Historic Places
Ostap PaparegaRegeneration, Heritage and Economic Development Manager
DepartmentBorough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk