Contact Us About Advisory Services

We are committed to being transparent, clear and timely in the way we work. 

We welcome feedback on the service you receive from us.

When contacting our staff, please ensure you have the appropriate information so we can identify the case you are referring to.

If you know the name of our member of staff working on the particular case, please telephone them directly. If they are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, please write to the Regional Director in the relevant Local Office who will look into and clarify the circumstances of the case.

If you disagree with the responses you have received from both the member of staff dealing with the case and the Regional Director at your local office, you can make a formal complaint. 

Making a formal complaint

If you consider that we have not followed our own procedures and wish to make a formal complaint, please contact our Corporate Secretary who manages our complaints procedure:

General Counsel and Corporate Secretary 
Historic England
4th Floor
Cannon Bridge House
25 Dowgate Hill
London EC4R 2YA
[email protected]

If this does not resolve your issue, you may ask any Member of Parliament to refer your complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman:

The Parliamentary Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Telephone 0345 0154033
Website: Email: [email protected].