Building Services Engineering and Historic Buildings, 20 March, 2019
This one-day course will consider the key principles of installing building services in historic buildings. You will come away from the course with a good understanding of how to procure a successful building services project and when it is complete the importance of maintaining your building services installation.
It is designed for those who are either already working - or wanting to work - with historic buildings.
- Who should attend
- Why you should join this course
- Course outline
- Meet the tutors
- Course fee
- How to book
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those responsible for the management, maintenance or those installing building services in historic buildings.
Why should you join this course?
The course will provide an opportunity to understand the conservation principles behind installing building services in historic buildings and look at what is considered best practice through case studies.
You will come away from the course with a good understanding of the principles of installing building services in historic buildings, how to procure a successful building services project and when it is complete the importance of maintaining your building services installation.
Session 1 - Principles
- The difference between old and new buildings
- Consents and legislation around historic buildings
- Conservation principles
Session 2 – Building Services
- What are building services?
- Carrying out condition surveys and investigations
- Historic Building Services re-using or recording
- What criteria do you use for selecting new building services
- Installing new building services
Session 3 – Getting the project or plant replacement right
- Selecting a consultant or contractor
- Appropriate design
- Procurement, types of contract, tendering
- Managing the installation
- Commissioning and handover procedures
Session 4 – Looking after your building services
- Maintenance strategy
- Legislation, compliance and good practice
- Maintenance audits and condition surveys
Meet the tutors
This course has been designed and developed by the building services engineering team in Historic England, who are all chartered building services engineers and members of Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers.
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London SW1H 9JJ
£160.00 includes all refreshments, lunch and pre-course booklet, course materials
How to book
Contact May Moore 01793 445037 e-mail [email protected].