Building Services Engineering and Historic Buildings, 23 October, 2019
This one-day course will consider the key principles of installing building services in historic buildings. You will come away from the course with a good understanding of how to procure a successful building services project and when it is complete the importance of maintaining your building services installation.
It is designed for those who are either already working - or wanting to work - with historic buildings.
Session 1 - Principles
- The difference between old and new buildings
- Consents and legislation around historic buildings
- Conservation principles
Session 2 – Building Services
- What are building services?
- Carrying out condition surveys and investigations
- Historic Building Services re-using or recording
- What criteria do you use for selecting new building services
- Installing new building services
Session 3 – Getting the project or plant replacement right
- Selecting a consultant or contractor
- Appropriate design
- Procurement, types of contract, tendering
- Managing the installation
- Commissioning and handover procedures
Session 4 – Looking after your building services
- Maintenance strategy
- Legislation, compliance and good practice
- Maintenance audits and condition surveys
How to book
Contact May Moore 01793 445037 e-mail [email protected].