If We Make An Offer Of Employment
If we make an offer of employment (subject to successful completion of pre-employment checks) and you accept, we will need to take additional steps prior to entering into an employment contract with you, to fulfil our legal obligations and in some cases, in our legitimate interest. We will therefore ask you to supply additional information, including but not limited to:
- Your full contact information, date of birth and national insurance number so we can set up an employee record for you.
- CV and references so we can seek assurance of your suitability, trustworthiness and reliability.
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK so we can comply with our legal obligations.
- A declaration of any unspent convictions, insolvency or bankruptcy so we can seek assurance where necessary that it does not impact your ability to perform the role.
- Any reasonable adjustments you may require under the Equality Act 2010 so we can support you in the best way possible when you begin your role.
- Your bank account details, and other payroll associated information (for example, membership of a Civil Service Pension Scheme and details of any outstanding student loans) so we can set up your payroll record.
- Emergency contact details, so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work.
- Diversity information, if you choose to provide it, so we can monitor the diversity of our workforce.
The information you provide will be stored in iTrent (Historic England’s HR management system), in our electronic filing system and in Historic England’s email system.
Where necessary, we may share some of the above information with third parties, for example:
- We will contact your referees directly using the details you provide to us to obtain references. We will need to supply your name and other limited information to allow them to locate you on their system.
- If relevant to your role, we may ask you to seek a basic disclosure of your criminal records history.
- Where relevant to your role, we may use a credit reference agency to validate your identity.
- We will pass your details to MyCSP who is the administrator of the Civil Service Pension Scheme, of which we are a member organisation. You will be auto-enrolled into the pension scheme and the details provided to MyCSP will be your name, date of birth, National Insurance number and salary. Your bank details will not be passed to MyCSP at this time.