Bakery, Cadby Hall, Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, Greater London
Cadby Hall in Hammersmith was owned by J Lyons and Company from 1894. They occupied the site until the 1980s producing a wide range of foodstuffs there. This interior view of the bakery shows a huge mound of dough being shaped into loaves. They were then baked in the ovens ranged along the walls. The company also ran a popular chain of tea rooms. They were probably as common as some of the coffee shops are today.