Tell the Council

Do you care about the quality of your surroundings? Are you concerned about a local conservation area? Do you want to do something about it?

Email your local Ward Councillor and invite the Council to discuss the condition of your conservation area at one of its future meetings. Ask your friends and neighbours to do the same.

Use the following as a basis for your email to your local councillor and then click on the link at the bottom, which gives you the name of your local councillor and an email form.

Name of Conservation Area:

Name of Street:

Select from the list below the issues that affect your conservation area:

  • Replacement windows and doors
  • Loss of front gardens to car parking
  • Inappropriate alterations and extensions
  • Derelict and vacant buildings
  • Street clutter and traffic signs
  • Ugly shop-fronts and advertising
  • Rundown streets, gardens and public spaces
  • Lack of action against unauthorised alterations
  • Any other comments, positive or negative

To find out who your local Ward Councillor is, just enter your postcode and click on their name to email them directly.

Was this page helpful?