Roman Catholic Church of St Matthew, Queens Drive, Clubmoor - Liverpool

Church built in 1930 to designs of FX Verlade. Nave and aisles with side chapel and apsidal sanctuary. Connected to presbytery and campanile on north side of west end. Brick with pantile and felt roofs and copper dome roof to campanile. All roof finishes are life expired. Water ingress is damaging linings. Steel lintels and window frames are corroding. The National Lottery Heritage Fund has offered repair grant aid under the Grants for Places of Worship scheme.

Roman Catholic Church of St Matthew, Queens Drive, Clubmoor - Liverpool
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Roman Catholic Church Of St Matthew
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1391514
    Local Planning Authority:
    Liverpool
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Roman Catholic Church of St Matthew
    Street Name:
    Queens Drive
    Locality:
    Clubmoor
    County:
    Merseyside
    District / Borough:
    Liverpool
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Liverpool, Walton
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    D
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II