Church of St Andrew, Church Lane, Melksham - Wiltshire (UA)

Church of England parish church, 1876 by Charles Adye. Ashlar, decorative tiled roof with coped verges, cross finials and cresting. Nave and chancel with south door and north vestry. Early English style. The clay tiled roofs and rainwater goods to the nave and chancel are in poor condition. In 2017, a scheme was drawn up to redevelop the modern extension to provide community use as part of the church. Funding sources for this will be explored.

Church of St Andrew, Church Lane, Melksham - Wiltshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1286098
    Local Planning Authority:
    Wiltshire (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Andrew
    Street Name:
    Church Lane
    Unitary Authority:
    Wiltshire (UA)
    Parish:
    Melksham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Chippenham
    Region:
    South West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II