Church of St Edward, Condover - Shropshire (UA)

This church was designed by Edward Haycock for John Thomas Hope of Netley Hall and built in 1845. It consists of a nave with a west tower with spirelet, short transepts for family pews and a short chancel with flanking vestries. Walls are constructed in tooled ashlar and steeply pitched roofs covered in plain clay tiles. The condition of the tower parapet is poor as both finials to the east facing corner pinnacles have been taken down and both corners secured back to the steeple with wire ties. Tower parapet access needs to be improved and all cast iron rainwater goods overhauled.

Church of St Edward, Condover - Shropshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: Church of St Edward
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1366638
  • Local Planning Authority: Shropshire (UA)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Edward
  • Unitary Authority: Shropshire (UA)
  • Parish: Condover
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Shrewsbury and Atcham
  • Region: West Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Fair
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

John Tiernan 0121 625 6839

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England