Church of Christ, Gandy Lane, Rochdale - Rochdale

Church of 1849-50 by George Shaw of Uppermill. Random roughly dressed stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs. Nave with clerestory and aisles, south west tower and north porch. Chancel has a south chapel and north organ chamber/vestry. The chancel, chapel and vestry are roofed separately resulting in a triple east gable. Repair work to the tower has been completed with grant assistance from the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Further phase required for an overall re-roofing; the lower aisle roofs are in a very poor condition.

Church of Christ, Gandy Lane, Rochdale - Rochdale
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF CHRIST
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1055744
    Local Planning Authority:
    Rochdale
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of Christ
    Street Name:
    Gandy Lane
    Locality:
    Healey, Rochdale
    County:
    Greater Manchester
    District / Borough:
    Rochdale
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Rochdale
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II