Seventh Day Adventist Church adjoining school and boundary wall, Andover Street - Sheffield

Gothic Revival Victorian chapel, now Seventh Day Adventist Church, dating to 1865 by William Hill of Leeds for the Methodist New Connexion and school dated 1862. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings and steep pitched gabled and hipped slate roofs with coped gables. Roofs and rainwater goods in poor condition.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ADJOINING SCHOOL AND BOUNDARY WALL
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1246453
    Local Planning Authority:
    Sheffield
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

    Building Name:
    Seventh Day Adventist Church adjoining school and boundary wall
    Street Name:
    Andover Street
    County:
    South Yorkshire
    District / Borough:
    Sheffield
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Sheffield, Brightside and Hillsborough
    Region:
    North East and Yorkshire

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

John-Paul Walker 01904 601943