Church of St Mark, Albert Road SE25 - Croydon

Designed by GH Lewis of Linden and Lewis, the nave was built in 1852 and the rest completed by 1890. The church has slate pitched roofs and Kentish ragstone walling. Stonework repairs were completed in 2013, grant-aided by Historic England and the Heritage Lottery Fund. The chancel and south slopes of the nave and aisle were re-roofed in 2016 with funding secured from the Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund. The north slopes of the nave and aisle roofs remain in need of repair.

Church of St Mark, Albert Road SE25 - Croydon
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST MARK
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1323688
    Local Planning Authority:
    Croydon
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Mark
    Street Name:
    Albert Road
    Postcode:
    SE25
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Croydon
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Croydon North
    Region:
    London

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA