Church of St Saviour, Redbrook, Newland - Forest of Dean

Small parish church, now sharing community hall uses, by JP Seddon in 1873. Nave with south porch and chancel with south chapel and bellcote; in red sandstone with buff limestone dressings. The limestone and sandstone mix has been auto-destructive with severe erosion of the sandstone on the north wall and to the limestone on the dressings on the south side. The tiled roof on the south nave pitch has slipped or missing tiles.

Church of St Saviour, Redbrook, Newland - Forest of Dean
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: Church of St Saviour
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1212814
  • Local Planning Authority: Forest of Dean
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Saviour
  • Locality: Redbrook
  • County: Gloucestershire
  • District / Borough: Forest of Dean
  • Parish: Newland
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Forest of Dean
  • Region: South West

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Very bad
  • Priority: A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: A
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

Chris Miners 0117 975 1308

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England